What We Do.
The NYECC was an active party in the negotiated settlement of the Con Edison electric and natural gas rate cases, which will save Con Edison ratepayers more than $1 billion during the next three rate years commencing on January 1, 2017.
Con Edison’s proposed three year rate increase in combined electric and gas rates would have totaled approximately $2.71 Billion over the three year period starting on January 1, 2017 and ending on December 31, 2019. Conversely, the total rate increase in combined electric and gas rates in the approved Joint Proposal is approximately $1.57 Billion during these three years, or roughly 42% less than the original Company filing.
Historically the NYECC and its predecessor organizations have been an integral part of the public rate making process. We are also involved in many other efforts, including:
• Participation in the Reforming the Energy Vision (REV) Proceeding
• Working Meetings with Con Edison to Resolve Issues Relevant to Members
• Monitoring of many ongoing Public Service Commission proceedings regarding issues such as System Benefits Charge, Clean Energy Fund, Green Bank and more
• Continued Work with Assemblywoman Paulin regarding Tenant Engagement
• Input into Proposed Con Edison and NYSERDA Incentive Programs
• Continuation of Con Edison Service Improvement Efforts