Roosevelt Island Tour: 6/29/2017
This summer, the NYECC was fortunate to be able to tour the Cornell University Campus on Roosevelt Island.
Joe Cassissa of First New York Partners organized to have the lead MEP Engineer from the Bloomberg Building scheduled to show us the systems installed. This building is designed to achieve a Net Zero rating which incorporates the strategies below:
- All-electric building (no fossil fuel used)
- Geothermal wells – 80 closed loop 400 foot deep wells
- Chilled beam space cooling
- Solar power – an acre-sized PV distributed on campus building roofs
- Highly insulated façade
- Smart building technology
The NYECC then visited the Bridge Building and went to the roof for views of the campus and questions.